Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Painting Perfect

Today, at about 5 I noticed the sky. It was a grayish blue. Then I noticed the setting sun reflecting on some clouds. I was like,"wow, look at that!" Then I looked down just a little bit and the sky was a peachy pink color. Oh, and the transition between the two colors... they looked as natural as a light blue going into a blue, instead of a pink into a blue. There were no colors in between, it was just grayish blue then peachy pink.  I looked down more and saw trees. Black trees. The darkest green you could ever get without it being black. Then a house, also black. See it? See the real painting? Then I though, "a painting like this happens every day,or even multiple times a day, but how many people actually look at it, and see it as it actually is?"

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! Yay for "making the ordinary extraordinary," --that's so fantastic because we talk about this in performance studies class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah isn't it so cool when the sky transitions from blue to peachy pink! =D I love looking at the sky when that happens.

    On another note, it probably has to do with how our brains perceive light that is far away. And how it makes assumptions and fills in or blends colors if it doesn't have enough information. So the beauty is really something we create.

    ReplyDelete